Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Qin - Please vote No to vallco specific plan

From: Qin
Date: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Please vote No to vallco specific plan
To: CityCouncil@cupertino.org


Dear Mayor and City Councils,

I'm writing to you urge you to vote NO to the vallco specific plan.

I gave my 3 minutes time slot to fellow citizen last night after waiting there for 6 hours, as that fellow citizen injured her feet and limp to the room . She was hoping can finish earlier, so she can rest her feet at home. It showed we are caring citizens , not evil citizens as some of the speakers paint us.

I'm all in for the BMR housing for those really needs. But with the developer build all those non-affordable apartment in main street , I don't see any thing this developer done will help improve the housing affordability in this region.

One speaker talk about the transportation improvement within 20 years his father experienced many many years ago, but from my experience of living in Cupertino for the last 20 years, I saw 0 improvement in terms of new highway , new transit system into Cupertino. I only saw more crowded road, more crowded school.

My kids attend Cupertino High, CHS used to be one of the smallest school in the district, now it's pass Monta Vista! Kids cannot have more than one electives compare with other high school most kids can have two electives. The traffic is horrible during school start and finish time, it's become dangerous now for kids to goto school due to the over crowded road in the area.

I heard FUHSD board speaking for the housing for teachers and me personally love all the teachers . On the other hand , with over 1000 staff in the district, only 40 left the district last year, it's actually a very good turn over rate compare with any company I works with!  The percentage even smaller for CUSD!

Vallco only build around 200 BMR unit, merely enough to cover the additional teachers housing needs for all the kids they going to bring in ! The math doesn't make sense to me at all!

Please vote No to vallco specific plan!

Thank you !
Qin

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment